[Insight-developers] ITKApps Superbuild

Rupert Brooks rupert.brooks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:30:06 EST 2012

(whoops, i didnt meant to takethis off list)

You were correct, path limitations were stopping the build.  It builds
for me with VS2005 now, but i shortened the path down to c:/ia/build

It would be more correct to say it almost builds - The superbuild has
a problem, in that the ITKApps did not configure correctly because it
could not find FLTK.   I manually set the FLTK dir in the cmake of the
itkApps build directory, and now it seems to be going well.  This is
still far less work than manually getting tweaking and building
everything.

It might be worth noting that an out of the box attempt to build on
Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit also failed, with the following error.

/usr/bin/ld: ../lib/libfltk.a(Fl_x.cxx.o): undefined reference to
symbol 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so
so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so:
could not read symbols: Invalid operation

Unless you really want me to try and track this down I might switch to
an system FLTK on Ubuntu anyway, i was just curious if it would build.

Cheers,
Rupert

Rupert Brooks
rupert.brooks at gmail.com