[Insight-developers] Building ITK with Module_ITKVtkGlue forces client applications to find_package(VTK)?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 26 13:10:02 EDT 2012

If you want to use ITK with ITKVtkGlue, then your program will have to
also find VTK, in order to add VTK_LIBRARIES to the link list. Otherwise
the ITK libraries will have references to VTK that won't be satisfied.

It sounds like what you would like to happen is that the ITK will pull the
VTK dependency into your project; in other words, ITK_LIBRARIES will end
up also containing VTK_LIBRARIES, and ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS will also contain
VTK_INCLUDE_DIRS.  But the ${ITK_USE_FILE} doesn't do that, and in
general, I don't think any package that CMake can find works that way.
Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu