[Insight-developers] Dashboard: Persistant itkClampImageFilterTest

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 7 11:13:47 EDT 2013

Cory,

I didn't think the following statement was true, and least for all compiler we use to support:

On May 7, 2013, at 10:00 AM, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> __int64 in Visual Studio appears to really be a "long long", and there
> are numeric traits for that type as well as "unsigned long long"

A quick check of the VS 2012 MSDN documentation says[1]: :The __int64 type has no ANSI equivalent."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/29dh1w7z.aspx

In thinking about my VS build vs the others I may be the only one without 64-bit IDs enabled... So the error may... be related to that.

> Bill Lorensen and I banged out heads on a similar error in this filter
> that happened only on Windows for this type (I think it was this
> type). It turned out that turning off optimization for this particular
> test solved the problem on windows. This filter was recently moved to
> the IntensityFilter module, but the CMakeLists.txt file there looks
> like it is turning off optimization for this test, so I'm not sure
> what is causing these errors.

There is likely a real problem with the filter. And just disabling optimization likely hides it.

My quick look at it says there are likely some issues with 64-bit integers, being converted to doubles:

https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Filtering/ImageIntensity/include/itkClampImageFilter.h#L95

Brad