[Insight-users] Questions about the level-set filters

Joshua Cates cates@cs.utah.edu
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:05:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi Bjorn,

We are working on the main level-set infrastructure here at U. of Utah.
The code in the repository now is _very_ new, which is the reason there is
sparse documentation and few examples.  In the next few weeks we will be
doing more testing and checking in more examples. There are a few classes
still around from an old level-set infrastructure that will be cleaned up
when the new system is fully in place.

We plan to contribute some level-set based segmentation filters later on
this year but not within the next few weeks.  But, the level-set
infrastructure should now support what you are trying to do. If you are
willing to try writing a filter, we can work with you and resolve any bugs
and design issues.

The most recent piece of code is the SparseFieldLevelSetSolver, which is a
type of narrow-band technique.  There are also 2D and 3D equation objects,
which should be subclassed to the specific functionality you need and
plugged into the solver.  Examples will be forthcoming, and I will try to
get them in to the repository as soon as possible.  You can send questions
to me directly as they arise.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science