[Insight-users] Visual 6.0 problems

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:01:46 -0500

Bradley,

If the compiler is actually crashing something should
be going wrong during the CMake configuration process.

to answer your questions first:

1) Yes, the CVS is the ongoing work and it is in principle
unstable.  What you may want to do if you decide to get
the CVS version is to first check the dashboard to see
if it is a green build.  The CVS version has now a number
of important changes with respect to the Beta.

2) Yes, we use VC++ 6.0 among other compilers, both
for develpment and for testing (as it is shown on the
dashboard).  You should be Ok with service pack 5 too.
A good number of ITK developers and users use VC++.

What you can do is to post to the list the file : "CMakeCache.txt"
that is generated by CMake during the configuration process
and post the ITK.dsw file as well.

Probably from these two files we can get an idea of why
VC++ is crashing.  BTW is the first time we got a report of
crashing at load time (AFAIK), the usual problem is only
the long time for loading.

Could you please also give us some details about your
platform: memory, processor and so on.