[Insight-users] Compiling Qt examples

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:04:24 -0500

Hi Jarek,

The QtITK demo example is intended to be built
outside the ITK source tree. In fact all of the
other demo applications should be that way. It
is likely that in the near future they will be
reconfigured to be build externally.  This will
relief ITK installation from the shadow of unnecesary
dependencies on external libraries like FLTK,
VTK, OpenGl and GLUT.

You can simply copy (or move) the QtITK source
directory somewhere else, then select a binary
directory where you want the example to be built.
When you configure this external project with CMake,
you will have the chance to identify the ITK binary
directory as well as the Qt components.

Please let us know if you encounter any problem.