[Insight-users] A question on parameter of the multi-resolution MI registration

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:26:12 -0800

Once the pyramid is at full resolution "1 1 1", all subsequent levels =
are "1 1 1" also.
So for PracCTToT1 example we have:

Fixed image level          Moving image level
64   64   1               64   64   1
128  128  1               128  128  1
256  256  1               256  256  1
256  256  1               512  512  1

In the example, the learning rate is reduce before running the second =
full
resolution in order to get finer registration.

- Lydia

-----Original Message-----
From: Fucang Jia [mailto:jiafucang@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 6:25 AM
To: insight-users@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-users] A question on parameter of the multi-resolution
MI registration

Hi, everyone,

I used MultiResMIRegistration to register a series of images, I have one =

question:

About the multi-resolution level, the parameter file PracCTtoT1.txt =
says,=20
level 5, and shrinking factor is "4 4 1" and "8 8 1", so the first level =
of=20
the fixed image would be "256/4 256/4 1", that is "64 64 1", and that of =
the=20
moving image would be "512/8 512/8 1", which is "64 64 1", I do not=20
understand, if the level is as follows:

Fixe image level          Moving image level
64   64   1               64   64   1
128  128  1               128  128  1
256  256  1               256  256  1
                          512  512  1

The level is not 5, but 4, and I think the levels of two resolution =
should=20
be equal, but now one is 3, the other is 4, which confused me.

Thank you very much!

Fucang