[Insight-users] How to download InsightDocuments

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:45:01 -0500

Hi Neil,

1) Instructions about how to download the
    InsightDocuments repository are available
    at the Download link in the main web page
    http://www.itk.org:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Download.php

    It basically says:

> CVS Access
> To use CVS, you must have CVS installed on your system. You may wish to use the Cygwin tools on Windows platforms, or WinCVS which provides a very nice GUI to CVS.
>
> The source is accessed by checking out a read-only version of the Insight source code. (Only developers have write-access to the repository.) Use the following commands.
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@www.itk.org:/insight/cvsroot login
> (respond with password insight)
>
> You can also obtain the Insight documentation:
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@www.itk.org:/insight/cvsroot co InsightDocuments

2) Could you elaborate a bit more on
    your concerns relating building multiple
    platforms from a common source tree ?

    Right now CMake allows to do this.
    We build for differnt compilers both
    in Windows and Linux using the same