[Insight-users] Re: How to download InsightDocuments

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:47:01 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> 1) Instructions about how to download the
>     InsightDocuments repository are available
>     at the Download link in the main web page
>     http://www.itk.org:
>
>     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Download.php
>
>     It basically says:
>
> > CVS Access
> > To use CVS, you must have CVS installed on your system. You may wish to use the Cygwin tools on Windows platforms, or WinCVS which provides a very nice GUI to CVS.

oh i didn't realize you meant that this was accessible via cvs.  i'll see
if i can get it.

> 2) Could you elaborate a bit more on
>     your concerns relating building multiple
>     platforms from a common source tree ?
>
>     Right now CMake allows to do this.
>     We build for differnt compilers both
>     in Windows and Linux using the same
>     source tree.
>
>     Is there a specific capability that you
>     thinkg is missing  ?
>

>    Thanks
>

>      Luis

please see my message

of Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:45:45 +1100 (EST)  on the 'Using ITK Externally' thread.

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2002-December/001936.html

The section at the end on building multiple platforms from the source
is the bit.  It is about the philosophy of who has the
knowledge of the binary platform you are building,
and where the builder positions him/herself in the tree.

cheers
Neil