[Insight-users] ITK on MacOS X 10.2

Peter Lorenzen lorenzen@cs.unc.edu
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 02:55:08 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2--126917456

Greetings,

Is there anyone out there in the ITK community using ITK on a Mac?  I
have recently
downloaded ITK 1.0.0 and have been able to compile the static version
of all the basic libraries using Apple's April 2002 release of gcc
v3.1. The four test cases I ran claimed to have produced valid results.

I was, however, not able to build the dynamic versions of the libraries
due to the following link error:

	ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format

which may have something to do with the lack of a global variable being
assigned a value but I am not sure.

Has anyone been able to successfully build any of the FLTK-based
example applications such as the MetaImageViewer on a Mac?  I have not
been able to find a combination of "-framework" switches that work
since FLTK is an X-based entity.  Of course, if someone has built a
Carbon version FLTK that would be great.  However, I think that there
should be another way without using the Apple "framework"s,  I just do
not know. I am also using version 1.1.1 of FLTK.

Thanks!

- Peter

--
Peter J. Lorenzen

[...]