[Insight-users] ITK and OSX

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 25 18:01:32 EST 2002

Robb,

"valarray"  is one of the components of the
C++ Standard Template Library.

It is used like:

   #include <valarray>
   std::valarray< float >  myArrayOfFloats;

Unfortunately... is not a "standard" component of the STL
(though it is found in many systems: SGI/Win/Linux/Sun) .

For more details you might want to have a look at:

    http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/

Could you please try to compile a small test like:

#include <valarray>
int main()
{
  std::valarray< int >  intArray;
  std::valarray< float > floatArray;
  return 0;
}

If it happens that OSX does not include valarray
as part of STL we may want to remove it and use
something like the std::vector<>

Some compilers (like the one in SGI) require you
to activate flags in order to use STL....

That's another option to check....