[Insight-users] ITK and OSX

William A. Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Feb 25 22:02:36 EST 2002

Unfortunately, that is the first of many problems you will have trying to
compile and use ITK on OSX.
OSX has a very strange version of the gnu compiler.   I spent several weeks
on and off with it, and
finally gave up after reporting several bugs to the OSX compiler
team.   ITK is a heavily templated
library, and turning off the Examples and Tests means that you are not
compiling much of the code
at all.   So, if you actually want to use some of the code, it will not
work until the examples and tests work.

-Bill