[Insight-users] Re: (HOW TO GETDATA)

Luis Ibanez ibanez at choroid.cs.unc.edu
Mon Jan 7 11:08:41 EST 2002

Hi Lydia,

The file that you get from the BrainWeb is named
"brainwe1" with no extension.

You might want to change its extension to ".gz" in
order to make gunzip recognize the file as a compressed
file.

Once decompressed, you should find only one file
which is the raw binary data for the image. The file,
again is lacking any extension. We use to rename it
and put the extension ".raw", but this is purely a
convention.

The information concerning the size in pixels and the
resolution in milimeters of the image was displayed
in the second page of the BrainWeb download sequence.
You will need this information for writing the MetaImage
header file.

Hope that helps.

 Luis