[Insight-users] Problem with the RawReaderImageViewer

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:33:19 -0400

Hi Alexandra,

The problem seems to be related with the image pixel type.

The example uses by default "unsigned char", and your
images seem to be "unsigned short". The ImageIO readers
perform castings but just naive C-Style casting without
any dynamic range adjustment.

The simple solution is to change one line in the code
of the example in order to manage "unsigned short".

Please do the following:

1) go to     /Insight/Examples/RawImageReaderViewer
2) edit the file    itkRawImageReaderViewer.h
3) in line #36 change the line:

         typedef  unsigned char PixelType;

for

         typedef  unsigned short PixelType;

and recompile the example.

That should get rid of the problem.
Please let us know if that works for you,

Thanks,