[Insight-users] Problems while trying to compile the examples.

Linglan Edwards Linglan Edwards <linglan at nlm . nih . gov>
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mathieu,

I ran ccmake again and found that FLTKIMAGEVIEWER was not turned on. I changed
that and all the Makefiles were generated.

Thanks,

Linglan
>Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:57:40 -0400
>From: Mathieu Malaterre <mmalat@imaging.robarts.ca>
>To: Linglan Edwards <linglan@nlm.nih.gov>
>CC: luis.ibanez@kitware.com, insight-users@public.kitware.com
>Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Problems while trying to compile the examples.
>
>Hi Linglan,
>  You can have a look to : Insight/Example/CMakeLists.txt. You'll see that :
>
>      SUBDIRS(GaussianFilter)
>      SUBDIRS(ImageRegistration)
>
>will only be build if only 3 options have been enable in the main
CMakeLists.txt
> [...]
>
>IF(HAS_METAIMAGE)
>  IF(HAS_FLTK)
>    IF(HAS_FLTKIMAGEVIEWER)
>
>Could you check if one of them is set to 'NO' in this CMakeLists.txt file?
>
>HTH
>Mathieu
>

>Linglan Edwards wrote:
>
>> Thanks Luis,
>>
>> I did run ccmake to the Insight directory first. But I noticed that in some
>> directories, (for example, in Examples/GaussianFilter,
>> Examples/ImageRegistration), no Makefile was generated. Does that mean it
>> couldn't find fltk or was it caused by something else? I have an older
version
>> of fltk installed (fltk-1.0.11, the only version I was able to compile),
would
>> that make any difference?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Linglan
>> >
>> >Hi Linglan,
>> >
>> >Some examples have dependencies that
>> >condition if they are built or not.
>> >
>> >For example, some of them require FLTK
>> >to be installed, some others require VTK.
>> >
>> >By enabling just Auxiliary and Examples it is to
>> >expect that not all the examples will be compiled.
>> >

>> >About the second group or errors that you posted:
>> >
>> >It is not a good idea to call ccmake in subdirectories.
>> >(e.g. in Insight/Examples) since CMake will navigate
>> >downstream in the directory tree but not into the
>> >parent directory.
>> >
>> >Please invoke "ccmake" in the top build directory
>> >and give the source directory as parameter.
>> >
>> >For example, I usually build Insight in:
>> >
>> >       ~/lib/Insight
>> >
>> >so, I cd to ~/lib/Insight and invoke
>> >
>> >       ccmake ~/src/Insight
>> >
>> >given that ~/src/Insight is where the sources are.
>> >
>> >Then, I can call "make" at any level of the
>> >directory tree.
>> >

>> >The invokation of ccmake in subdirectories will
>> >result in inconsistent Makefiles since most of
>> >the project-wide settings will not be available
>> >at the subdirectory level.
>> >

>> >Please let us know if that helps,
>> >

>> >    Thanks
>> >
>> >     Luis
>> >

>> >===================================================

>> >make file. I

>> >-I/Development/ITK/Insight
>> >-I/Development/ITK/Insight/Code/Common
>> >-I/Development/ITK/Insight/Code/Numerics/vxl
>> >/Development/ITK/Insight/Examples/MRIBiasCorrection/ImageCorrector: linker

>> >into the
>> >following error
>> > >

>-L/Development/ITK/Insight/Examples/StreamedWatershedSegmentation/ParameterFile
>> >-lITKCommon
>> >-lVXLNumerics
>> > >

>-Wl,-R,/Development/ITK/Insight/Examples/StreamedWatershedSegmentation/Paramete
>> >such file
>> > >

>-L/Development/ITK/Insight/Examples/StreamedWatershedSegmentation/ParameterFile
>> >-lITKCommon
>> >-lVXLNumerics
>> > >

>-Wl,-R,/Development/ITK/Insight/Examples/StreamedWatershedSegmentation/Paramete

Linglan Edwards, Ph.D.
Senior Software Engineer
National Library of Medicine
Phone: (301) 435-3147