[Insight-users] Building ITK with Borland C++ broken?

John Biddiscombe John Biddiscombe" <jbiddiscombe@skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:44:15 +0100

> ITK does not currently support the borland compiler.   However,
> we have only tried 5.5, 5.6 might work, but I doubt it.
> However, if you want to try, you should generate borland makefiles with
cmake, and
> not nmake makefiles.

No. Not 5.6. I tried it the other day. It fails in (pauses whilst running
make again)...

Borland C++ 5.6 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2002 Borland
D:\Insight\Code\Numerics\itkVersorTransformOptimizer.cxx:
Error E2315 D:\Insight\Code\Numerics\vxl\vnl/vnl_complex.h 35: 'real' is not
a m
ember of 'std::complex<float>', because the type is not yet defined in
function
vnl_math_isnan(const std::complex<float> &)
Error E2315 D:\Insight\Code\Numerics\vxl\vnl/vnl_complex.h 35: 'imag' is not
a m
ember of 'std::complex<float>', because the type is not yet defined in
function
vnl_math_isnan(const std::complex<float> &)
etc etc...lots more of the same...

I had a quick look at the vnl_complex file and saw several #ifdefs for each
compiler, added a Borland clause (to the win32 option), but it didn't work.
Other than that I've not looked at it recently. However, I've been following
some of the edge detection threads in this list and want very much to play
with ITK so I'd be glad for help getting Borland working. (Cheap copy of
MSVC anyone?)

JB