[Insight-users] Download checksum failure

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:07:57 +1100 (EST)

Hello

I have downloaded the gzipped tar files of the distribution

InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz
InsightToolkit-1.0.0-doxygen.tar.gz

after unzipping I attempted to extract the archives.  e.g.

% tar xvf InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar

Both tar files give me checksum error part way through the extraction
process.  I have verified that I am not encountering

  -  a quota limitation
  -  a disk space limitiation
  -  a download failure

I am doing this with a SUN workstation running

% uname -a
SunOS elara 5.6 Generic_105181-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

% which gzip
/usr/local/gnu/bin/gzip

% which tar
/usr/bin/tar

I was able to download and inflate the zipped archives

InsightToolkit-1.0.0.zip
InsightToolkit-1.0.0-doxygen.zip

without problem.  So I imagine the gzipped tar archives are corrupt.

regards
Neil Killeen