[Insight-users] Download checksum failure

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:15:51 -0500

Hi Neil,

I just double-checked downloading the tar.gz files
on Linux and everything works fine.

    * InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz

What method did you used for downloading the files ?

If you use a web browser, some have the tendency
to interpret the tgz files and introduce changes
during the download. (e.g. MS Explorer).

Could you please repeat the download using a more
reliable metod ?

Something like "wget" maybe a better tool.

You can verify the checksum of the download file:

         cksum InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz

returns

        3052334797 7960256 InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz

and

        sum -s InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz

returns

        23385 15548 InsightToolkit-1.0.0.tar.gz

Another suspect could be the "tar" version of SUN.
(just a guess...)

Do you have a gnu tar installed  ?

Please let us know what you find.