[Insight-Users] Unix->Linux

Haydar Talib haydartalib@hotmail.com
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:52:40 +0000

Hello all, I have a small problem, perhaps someone may have a solution.
Basically the problem is that some code will behave differently depending
whether it is compiled on Unix and Linux. The code I am running uses four
filter functions, including the Gaussian filter and GrayScaleErode and
dilate. On Solaris, the code compiles and runs without any problem. On
Linux, however, the code will compile but the output is not as expected. For
the case of using a Gaussian filter, the Linux version behaves normally.
When using dialte and erode, however, the output image is comprised entirely
of zero-value pixels. The program is meant to display both the input image
and the output image. The input image is always correctly displayed, but for
the case of using Erosion and Dilation the output is surprising. The Solaris
version yields the expected output image when using Erosion and Dilation.
Does anyone know what could cause this strange discrepancy?
Thank you in advance,
Haydar Talib