[Insight-users] which library must I include? : please read Insight/Documentation/InsightStart.pdf

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:45:20 -0500

Hi Alberto,

You may want to look at the introductory document

    Insight/Docuementation/InsightStart.pdf

It describes the easiest way to get started with
ITK. It also lists the set of basic libraries
generated when you build ITK.

The typical libraries you may have to link with
are:

- ITKCommon
- ITKBasicFilters
- ITKAlgorithms

If you use input/output filter you will need

- ITKIO
- ITKMetaImageIO
- itkzlib
- itkpng

The messages you are getting from multiple defined
symbols are typical of mixing configuration modes
in windows.

For example:

   building ITK in release mode, and the
   building your application in debug mode.

You may want to avoid mixing configurations.

The best way to get a consistent setup is to
use CMake for building your project too.

Again, the InsightStart.pdf document will
show you how to write a CMakeLists.txt file
for your external project.

Please let us know if you have further questions.