[Insight-users] Re: ITK Questions - Dicom processing

Ofri Sadowsky ofri@cs.jhu.edu
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:18:58 -0500

Stephen,

"Stephen R. Aylward" wrote:

> About reading dicom...you can read most dicom objects using our dicomIO
> library.   The hard part is creating a 3D block of data from a dicom
> object...we hope to have an answer to this soon...can any user recommend
> a PD package that does this automatically for GE and Siemens and other
> dicom files????? We're hunting for one...

I don't know if this one helps, but I figured it might be the most straightforward
plan for me. I was using a package called DCMTK available at
http://www.offis.uni-oldenburg.de/projekte/dicom/project_dicom4.htm
It provides executables to strip the meta information off DICOM files. It also
provides some API. But I found it hard to learn how to use the API, so for now I'm
defining a semi-manual process to extract the meta-information and parse it
sepatately.