[Insight-users] Re: Dicom processing

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:11:20 -0500

Hi All,

Martin Styner has a great solution to creating 3D files from dicom
slices.   His email...

"In regard to the dicom lib, I currently use (x)medcon, which is cross
platform and opensource (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmedcon). In
the (x)medcon extras there is a 'volumestack' program which uses the
xmedcon libs and creates out of a set of 2D dicom slices a 3D volume
(you can write then either as DICOM 3D or as Analyze etc)
maybe xmedcon would be a candidate
best wishes from Bern
Martin"

I haven't had a chance to try this...but it sounds interesting!

Stephen