[Insight-users] ITK Polygon representation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:51:22 -0500

Hi Ofri,

The ImageRegion class is specifically intended to support
the streaming capabilities of ITK image filters. For this
reason it only provides rectangular N-D regions.

You may want to take a look at the itk::Mesh class.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Mesh.html
This is the data structure intended for representing
geometrical objects.

Another option is the family of SpatialObjects
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SpatialObject.html
that you can find in the Insight/SpatialObject directory.

Please let us know if you have further questions.