[Insight-users] Installation build errors

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:57:53 -0500

Hi Neil,

Thanks for letting us know of your success.

As you already said, your next step is to
install Dart if you want to run the tests
automatically.

Dart installation is pretty straight forward.
You only need the Dart client but it doesn't
hurt to download the whole system. It is
quite compact anyways.

Please visit
http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml
and follow the instructions for downloading Dart.

Then you can run CMake and tell it where you
put Dart. This is done in the DART_ROOT
ariable. With this, and enabling BUILD_TEST you
are ready to build and submit to the dashboard.

After configuring with CMake you can do things
like:

       make Experimental

in order to build ITK, the tests and run the tests.

or

      make ExperimentalSubmit

to do the previous tasks plus submit to the public
dashboard.

You can set this commands as cron jobs if you
want to contribute to the nightly builds.

You may want to look at other Dart commands available
in the "DashboardManager.tcl" file that you will find
in Dart/Source/Client.

Anyone is free and welcome to submit builds to
the dashboard.

Note that ITK Dashboards rollup from one day to the
next at 1:00 am Eastern US time. That will probably
be around noon for you  :-)

Please let us know if you need any help.

      Enjoy ITK !