[Insight-users] Data Representation Objects

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:04:37 -0500

Hi Ofri,

As you already mention, many of the containers
in ITK are wrappers around STL classes.

For example the:

itk::MapContainer derives privately from the std::map
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MapContainer.html

and the

itk::VectorContainer derives privately from the std::vector
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorContainer.html

Their iterators are wrapped as well.

So far there are not direct adapter classes that
could adapt an itk::VectorContainer<TT> and make
it look as a std::vector< TT > to some other code.

This may be a interesting task to undertake. Given the
natural compatibility between ITK and the STL this
shouldn't be too hard to do. The rather dark side is to
make sure that works in all the supported platforms.

Would you like to give it a shot to one of such adapters ?