[Insight-users] Feedback wanted for additions to NeighborhoodIterator classes

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:25:55 -0500

Hi Josh,

How about adding a way of selecting the connectivity.

Several users have asked about using

   26-connectedness
   18-connectedness
    6-connectedness

in 3D, for example.

It could be nice to be able to feed a kind of list of
clicks to the Neigborhood iterator. This will be like
the set of neigbors to be visited. This will be useful
for doing advance morphomath too.

It will also facilitate to write cellular automatas
to run in itkImages. After all, the PDE solvers, the
convolution operators and the mathematical morphology
operations are all subsets of cellular automata.

Joshua Cates wrote:

> Hello all ITK developers and users:
>
> I am planning to make some simple additions to the API of the neighborhood
> iterator classes (and base classes) and would like some feedback.
>
> I'm particularly interested in suggestions for naming of methods and
> classes and any additional functionality that people would like to see in
> the NeighborhoodIterators and NeighborhoodOperators.

.... snip