[Insight-users] pipeline VTK to ITK and ITK to VTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:35:09 -0500

Hi Patrick,

You seem to be missing "vtkImageImport"
between the itkVTKImageExport and the
vtkImageMapper.

also,
Did you connected the additional pipeline
callbacks ?

they should be between:

   vtkImageExport and itkVTKImageImport

and between:

  itkVTKImageExport and vtkImageImport

--

You may want to use the two filters

    itkImageToVTKImageFilter
    itkVTKImageToImageFilter

They package the full combinations.
The first filter packages an itk exporter
and a vtk importer. In this way you connect
an itk image as input and get an vtkImageData
as output.

The reverse is done in the second filter.

You can find these two filters under:

     Insight/Auxiliary/vtk

Note that those are not really ITK nor VTK
filters but rather adaptor classes that
simplify the task.

---

Also, if you check out the "InsightDocuments"
cvs module, you will find the material used
for the IEEE visualization tutorial.

Under:

    InsightDocuments/CourseWare/Training

The OpenOffice/Powerpoint presentations

     GetttingStarted-I
     GetttingStarted-II
     GetttingStarted-III
     GetttingStarted-IV

introduce the easy way in which ITK and VTK
can be used together.

Please let us know if you have further questions.