[Insight-users] coloreg region segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:06:56 -0500

Hi Mathieu,

Could you please clarify a bit your target
application ?

Is the "2D Ultrasound with doppler" an image
with several channels ?
if so, how many channels ?

Is it encoded like an RGB image ?

The KLMSegmentationRegion will manage several
components. It will classify pixels for you.

Pixel classification can also be achieved with
the classes on the statistical framework.
(e.g. Mixture modeling)

Contour extraction will have to be done with
additional filters.

Another method for segmentation of colored
images is the VoronoiSegmentationImageFilter
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VoronoiSegmentationImageFilter.html

Please let us know