[Insight-users] Beginning installation question

Bill Oliver billo@Radix.Net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:14:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi!  I am trying to install ITK on a Linux box:

Mandrake Linux 8.2, Linux kernel 2.4.18-6mdk
on a Compaq Presario 1215US laptop with 193Mbyte Ram,
Athlon processor.

gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk)

I have downloaded and installed cmake, and it runs inasmuch
as the curses-like gui comes up.  I have also downloaded
doxygen, fltk, etc. as instructed.

I downloaded the 1.0.0 release of the Insight toolkit, and
have begun to attempt to install it.  I created a build
directory, per instructions in the GettingStarted.txt,
cd'd into it and executed:

ccmake ../Insight

(having renamed InsightToolkit-1.0.0 to Insight)

I get:

Running CMake, please wait...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

if I actually cd into the Insight directory, I get
the same problem.

The CMakeCache.txt looks like:

# This is the CMakeCache file.
# For build in directory: /root/inbuild
# You can edit this file to change values found and used by cmake.
# If you do not want to change any of the values, simply exit the editor.
# If you do want to change a value, simply edit, save, and exit the editor.
# The syntax for the file is as follows:
# KEY:TYPE=VALUE
# KEY is the name of a varible in the cache.
# TYPE is a hint to GUI's for the type of VALUE, DO NOT EDIT TYPE!.
# VALUE is the current value for the KEY.

########################
# EXTERNAL cache entries
########################

########################
# INTERNAL cache entries
########################

//This is the directory where this CMakeCahe.txt was created
CMAKE_CACHEFILE_DIR:INTERNAL=/root/inbuild
//Major version of cmake used to create the current loaded cache
//
CMAKE_CACHE_MAJOR_VERSION:INTERNAL=1
//Minor version of cmake used to create the current loaded cache
//
CMAKE_CACHE_MINOR_VERSION:INTERNAL=2

Any help would be appreciated!

billo