[Insight-users] ITK on a Debian GNU/Linux machine

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:51:20 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

The Beta 2 version was never tested with GCC 3.1,
There is no known reason why it shouldn't work though....

Do you have several gcc versions installed ?
e.g.  a 3.02    and     3.1

The command line in the error that you posted is using
"c++" as compiler/linker.  I wonder if for some reason
you may have compiled part of the toolkit with one
compiler and part with another compiler.

You may want to wipe out the binary tree, and make
sure that the environment variables CC, CXX are setup
with the compiler you want to use (3.1, I assume).

Then reconfigure using CMake. (CMake will use the
compiler defined in the CC and CXX environment
variables).

About the  CMake variables you asked for:

1) DART_ROOT  this is the path to the place where
   you installed Dart. This is OPTIONAL. You only
   need this is if you want to make experimental builds
   and eventually submitted to the ITK dashboard.

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20021004-0500-Nightly/Dashboard.html

   Note that anybody can submit builds to the dashboard.

   If you want to install Dart (this is open source too)
    just follow the instructions from:

    http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml

2) ITK_EXECUTE_PATH will define where you want
    the executables to be set.  For the Beta version is better
    to leave this empty.

We are about to release version 1.0,  you may want to
give it a try to the CVS checkout which is quite stable
at this point.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing problems
with the installation.