[Insight-users] compiling ITK with gcc 3.2 --> OK !

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:36:46 -0400

Hi Harri,

Sorry to say this but...gcc3.2 is working for me.

I built gcc-3.2 from the sources on a RedHat 7.1
using an existing gcc-3.0.2.

Here are the options I used to configure gcc 3.2

configure --prefix=/usr/local
          --enable-shared
          --enable-threads
          --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
          --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs

The I configured ITK without any modification to
the sources.

The CMake options used were:

 - Build Shared Libraries
 - No Examples

It built without problems.

-----

My guess is that there maybe a configuration
problem with your gcc-3.2 compiler.

Are you using the compiler that comes directly with
your Linux distribution ?

or is it one that you build out of the sources ?

--

Could you please try the following command:

  /usr/local/bin/g++ --print-libgcc-file-name

and let us know what you get.

Here is what I got as result (since my gcc3.2 was
installed in /usr/local ):

 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libgcc.a

Please let us know if you find any hints.