[Insight-users] itkImageToImageRigidMutualInformationGradientDescentRegistration.h

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:23:05 -0400

Hi Uday,

Your download should be fine,

These files were removed from the toolkit. The same
functionality is still provided by a different set
of classes.

The reason for removing these files is that the
RegistrationFramework was over-templated. That is,
it was using template parameters for tasks that
didn't justify the coding overload of templates.

The itk::ImageRegistrationMethod class which is the
central piece of the registration framework, is using
a run-time approach now for setting up all the components
of a registration problem.

Because this is now a run-time binding approach, there is
no longer a need for declaring a particular class for every
combination, as it was the case with compile-time binding
when using templates.

You may want to see at the following examples:

   Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkImageRegistrationMethodTest_13.cxx

which has the code equivalent to the removed class:

   itkImageToImageRigidMutualInformationGradientDescentRegistration.h

and also in the same directory, the files:

   itkMultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethodTest_1.cxx
   itkMultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethodTest_1.cxx

Illustrate the equivalent of:

   -itkmultiresolutionmutualinformationrigidregistration.h

Please let us know if you have further questions.