[Insight-users] load a CT scan (DICOM)

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:44:46 -0400

Hi,

I think DCMTK is a good package to pursue.   We've also used CTN with
good success.

Please keep in mind that the goal of ITK is to support medical image
processing.   We like to rely on other packages for outside
functionality and to save duplication of effort.   We already provide
dicom object support in ITK, and if you are seeking much beyond that, we
really recommend going to one of these other package.   However, I don't
think either provides a way of creating 3D volumes from objects at this
time, but I haven't checked lately...anyone?...anyone?....

Thanks for your patience,
Stephen