[Insight-users] PixelTraits

Mark Hastenteufel M.Hastenteufel@dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:12:54 +0200

Hello everybody!

Can someone explain me how to use PixelTraits?!. Which PixelTraits class
do I have to specify in the declaration of ImageFileReader

template<class TOutputImage, class ConvertPixelTraits =
DefaultConvertPixelTraits< ITK_TYPENAME TOutputImage::PixelType>>
class itk::ImageFileReader< TOutputImage, ConvertPixelTraits >

when reading a image with signed pixels and doing further processing
with unsigned images? Do I have to subclass DefaultConvertPixelTraits?
In general: what is the correct way to read images with an ImageIO class
and doing further processing with different data types than specified in
ImageIO?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

--
Mark Hastenteufel
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum         (German Cancer Research Center)