[Insight-users] RE: [Insight-developers] Now building all executables and librari es in a common directory

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:14:21 -0400

Jim,

The following lines are the explicit SET()'s added to the main
CMakeLists.txt file.

SET (LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/bin/ CACHE PATH "Single
output directory for building all libraries.")

SET (EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/bin/ CACHE PATH "Single
output directory for building all executables.")

MARK_AS_ADVANCED(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH)

SET (ITK_LIBRARY_PATH ${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH} CACHE INTERNAL "Where ITK
libraries are. Used by projects which depend on ITK. Do not remove.")

SET (ITK_EXECUTABLE_PATH ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH} CACHE INTERNAL "Where
ITK executables are. Used by projects which depend on ITK. Do not remove.")

SET (CXX_TEST_PATH ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH})

I'm also configuring in a clean binary tree and and got the right binary
directories (at least on Linux). This is quite straight forward in a
clean tree since the variable are set directly from the ITK_BINARY_DIR.

For the case of reusing an old Cache, I'm changing the SET() to be
"INTERNAL" so it will override the current content of the cache.
In that way, you don't have to explicitly remove the current cache
entries in order to allow them to change to the new values.

The main CMakeLists.txt has just been modified.