[Insight-users] Re: ITK ImageRegistration example

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:44:10 -0400

Hi Chia-Chi,

The ImageRegistration example uses MetaImages as input.

This is a simple format using a text header followed by
the binary data.

You can download images in this format from the following
ftp site:

     ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb

Note that there are already some pairs of images
intentionally missregistered. They are intended to
serve as test cases.

For example:

original data in

     - BrainPart1.tgz

is rotated 10 degrees and translated 15 pixels in:

     - BrainPart1Rotated10Translated15

and rotated 20 degrees and translated 20 pixels in

     - BrainPart1Rotated20Translated20

You can also generate your own images using the MetaImageImporter
utility that is build as part of the ITK examples. You will
find it on the directory:

      Insight/Examples/MetaImageImporter

Please let us know if you encounter any problems,