[Insight-users] N-input filters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:57:13 -0500

Hi Kent,

You may want to take a look at the following filters:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NaryAddImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NaryFunctorImageFilter.html

They accept N inputs.

-----

There are also specialized versions for two inputs

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryFunctorImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AddImageFilter.html

and three inputs

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TernaryAddImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TernaryFunctorImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TernaryMagnitudeImageFilter.html

In order to fuse 3 scalar images into an Image of vector with 3
compoents you may want to take a look at the JoinImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1JoinImageFilter.html

You can also consider the use of ImageAdaptors
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__ImageAdaptors.html
They allow to save memory at the expense of increasing the computing
time.