[Insight-users] segmenting delay update

Joshua Cates cates@sci.utah.edu
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:58:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

One trick is to add processors.  Curvature flow will automatically
multithread giving near linear speedup.

Also, I would recommend using one of the anisotropic diffusion filters
instead of curvature flow.  You will get better edge preservation
and may be able to decrease the number of iterations by playing around
with higher "conductance" parameter values.

Be careful increasing the timestep.  Your solution may not be stable
in 3D with a .25 time step.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science