[Insight-users] How to use RawImageIO

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:48:08 -0500

HI Haiwen,

As an alternative to Kent's detailed instructions for
using RawImageIO, I would suggest you to consider the
option of using a MetaImage header.

This short text based header contains information about
your binary file. For example: the origin, spacing and
dimensions of the data. The header has the filename of
the raw file, so it doesn't duplicate any information.

The easieast way to create a MetaImage header is to use
the small application:

               MetaImageImporter

available in

      InsightApplications/MetaImageImporter

Whenever you want to read your file, simply pass the
full filename of the MetaImage header to the ImageFileReader.
In that way, the information of the raw file is not
hard coded in your program. The information is specified in
this external file, allowing your program to work with more
than one single file.

    Luis