[Insight-users] Procrustes registration again

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp@imm.dtu.dk
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:11:28 +0200 (METDST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, imho wrote:

> As I said to you before, I would like to implement a procrustes myself

If you would like to implement Procrustes in the ITK framework I would
recommend you to look at:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter.html

for inspiration.

> (the registration steps I'd like to try : procrustes -> ICP -> one
> deformable registration, maybe your demon's registration) , how could I
> use your optimizer? Is it possible?

I do not understand though how you would use Procrustes in a registration
task. It requires point correspondence? You would either need
manually annotated landmarks or some kind of prior registration of your
shapes generating semi-landmarks.

Regards,
Rasmus