[Insight-users] MultiResMIRegistration Example

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:48:08 -0400

Hi Nasser,

1) How different from the identity
    was the transform that you obtained ?

2) What was the pixel spacing in the image ?

3) You can change the native pixel type in
    the file:

    MultiResMIRegistration.cxx, line 37

    typedef itk::SimpleApp<signed short> AppType;

    replace "signed short" by the pixel type
    you want to use.

4) This example send the outputs as series of
    PGM files. You cannot represent signed
    output in this file format. However,
    If you use the standard ImageFileWriter
    instead of the PGMVolumeWriter, you will
    be able to use any of the ITK file formats
    supported by ITK.

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/InsightFAQ/InsightFAQ?req=show&file=faq01.007.htp

5) I will strongly suggest you to take a look
    at a more recent example available in the
    directory:

     Insight/Examples/Registration/

      MultiResImageRegistration1.cxx
      MultiResImageRegistration2.cxx

    Both of them are described in detail in
    one of the chapters that Lydia Ng contributed
    to the SoftwareGuide
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    Section 7.6, pdf-pages 205 to 214

    It may be easier to modify this examples to
    manage 3D images.