[Insight-users] cross-section of a 3D image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:23:31 -0400

Hi Zein,

The itk::ResampleImageFilter will allow you to
populate an image. The easy way at this point
is to request an output 3D image of just 1
slice.

You just need to provide a 3D rigid transform
mapping the points of your output slice physical
space into the physical of the input volume.

This is such a common operation that maybe we
should create a specialized version of the
ResampleImageFilter for doing just that.