[Insight-users] Problem on PET-CT Registration - Help Needed!!!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:15:09 -0400

Hi Cspl,

1) Did you plug an Observer to your registration ?

    Are you printing out values of the transform
    parameters as the registration progesses ?

    Tracking the evolution of the transform will
    give you the indications you need for tunning
    parameters.

2) Whenever you get the exception regarding the
    low number of samples, it simply means that
    the overlap between the two images is too small.

    In other words, that the transform parameters
    diverged and the current transform is mapping the
    image too far from the expected position.

    The action to take in this case is to track how
    long it took for the transfrom to diverge. For
    this you need to solve (1) [add an observer and
    print out the transform parameters].

3) There is no point in using multiresolution if you
    dont set the shrinking parameters. You could in
    that case simply use a normal registration with
    more iterations.

Please add an observer to the registration and track
the evolution of the transform. You may want to take
a look at the examples in

      Insight/Examples/Registration/

Note that there are also Tcl versions for some of them.