[Insight-users] Problem on PET-CT Registration - Help Needed!!!

cspl affable@hd2.dot.net.in
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:56:00 +0530

Hi Luis and all,
   Well back with the registration problem again.
   Let me explain my problem.
   I am using PET and CT images as input to registration. PET as fixed and
CT as moving images. Total number of images are 35 in each set. So my data
sets are 128x128x35 for PET and 512x512x35 for CT.
Pixel spacing for CT images are 0.976562\0.976562 and for PET images are
3.906250\3.906250.
Now the parameters for registration are
  No. of iterations: 150
  Translate Scale : 10000
  Optimizer Scale : 1
  Max Step Length : 4
  Min Step Length : 0.01
  Spatial Samples : 1000
  Bins : 50
  No. of levels : 5
  I am not using any shrinking factors in the registration. SetMinimize()
method is used in registration process.

  The above setting are working for other data sets like mri-mri
registration.
  These parameters are working for single slice of above data set i.e. if i
give 1 PET as fixed and 1 CT as moving image with the above parameters and
perform registration it is working good with out any itk error.

  But if i give 35 slices it is giving the following error message:-
         itk::ERROR:MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetic(01A93ED0): Two
many samples map outside moving image buffer: 0/1000.

  I have tried with different values for the above parameters but still this
error is generated.

  If u have any idea of parameters for these data sets please suggest me.

  Please help me in this regard.

  Thanks in advance.

-Regards,
    Sateesh.