[Insight-users] k-means segmentation filter?

Sayan Pathak spathak@insightful.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:47:56 -0700

Hi Brian,
Please check out =
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen12/html/group__ClassificationFilters.html

Use the ImageKmeansModelEstimator to generate the model estimates and =
then plug the model into the classifier framework to get your =
segmentation.

Sayan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian [mailto:avants@grasp.cis.upenn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:30 PM
To: insight-users@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-users] k-means segmentation filter?

Hello ITK Community,

Does anyone have a k-means type image segmentation filter implemented in
ITK?  Something that takes an image as input and a number of classes and
outputs the classification in the image.  I am aware of the IBSR
validation study that uses the various classification tools for
segmentation.  However, it's not clear how to turn this into a simple
input/output type of filter as it's wrapped with the validation, etc.
I'm hoping that someone has already done this ...

Thanks for the help,

Brian