[Insight-users] DeformableMesh3DFilter

Iordanescu, Gheorghe (NIH/CC/DRD) GIordanescu@cc.nih.gov
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:54:01 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3060E.2B0EB9C0

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use the deformable mesh example and I would like to know
which pixels are inside the mesh. Is there a (quick) way to determine which
pixels are inside a mesh?

Also, is there a 2D version of the DeformableMesh3DFilter that could be used
for 2D images? Could this be emulated if I set the size of third dimension
of the image to 1?  Or what happens if I make a pseudo mesh that consists of
vertices connected only within slices (so that I actually have N meshes,
completely disconnected between slices)?

The object that I am trying to segment (in CT images) is a cylinder
(actually a tube filled with air) that could be sometimes connected to the
soft tissue. I detected its center (a point inside internal air) in each
slice, and now I would like to generate a cylidrical mesh that is around the
cylinder and sometimes passes through the tissue. By deforming it, it should
stop on the cylinder/air border or it should guess the cylinder/soft tissue
border because of the stiffness of the cylinder. Any ideas will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

George

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3060E.2B0EB9C0

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

font-family:Arial'>I am trying to use the deformable mesh example and I would
like to know which pixels are inside the mesh. Is there a (quick) way to

font-family:Arial'>Also, is there a 2D version of the DeformableMesh3DFilter that
could be used for 2D images? Could this be emulated if I set the size of third
dimension of the image to 1? &nbsp;Or what happens if I make a pseudo mesh that
consists of vertices connected only within slices (so that I actually have N

font-family:Arial'>The object that I am trying to segment (in CT images) is a