[Insight-users] Reg 64X64 images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:29:48 -0400

Hi Prasad,

You don't need to explicitly set a MetaImageIO reader.

If you already created the MetaImage header file, you
can load it simply by declaring an ImageFileReader
like:

#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkRescaleIntensityImageFilter.h"
#include "itkImage.h"

typedef itk::Image< float, 2 >  InputImageType;
typedef itk::Image< unsigned char ,2 > InternalImageType;

typedef itk::ImageFileReader< InputImageType >  ReaderType;

typedef itk::RescaleIntensityImageFilter<
                 InputImageType, InternalImageType > FilterType;

ReaderType::Pointer reader  = ReaderType::New();
FilterType::Pointer filter  = FilterType::New();

reader->SetFileName("image.mhd");

filter->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

filter->Update();

The ITK file IO factory mechanism will select the
appropriate reader for you. Just make sure the the
filename has extension ".mha" or ".mhd".

There are multiple examples of this mechanism
in the directories:

   Insight/Examples/IO
   Insight/Examples/Filtering

   Luis