[Insight-users] ITK tcl binding : Multi-component images

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:39:09 -0400

Hi Tony,

ITK manages multi-component images.
E.g. RGB, RGBA, and vector images.

However,
we are not wrapping those types for Tcl/Python.

There is a large combination of types we could
select for wrapping, and it will result in
extremely large libraries.

You could localy add wrappers for particular
types that you consider interesting for your
applications.

New image types could be wrapped by adding
types to the files in

       /Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Common

in particular to the file

        wrap_itkImage.cxx

Then, the new image types should be used
for instantiating types in the particular
filters you want to use from Tcl/Python.

Please let us know if you have further
questions,

    Thanks,

       Luis