[Insight-users] Output of the atlas segmentation.

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:55:18 -0400

Hi Yasser,

I'm not sure I understand your question...
It seems that you are interested in setting up
your own atlas-based segmentation procedure.

The essential class of the segmentation is the
DemonsRegistrationFilter
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DemonsRegistrationFilter . html

You may want to start by looking at the description
that Lydia made of this filter on the SoftwareGuide

   http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

    Section 8.13, pdf-page 318.

The code is described there available at
Insight/Examples/Registration/DeformableRegistraton2.cxx

The output of the Demons filter is a deformation field
(an image of vectors).  You can use this deformation field
as input to the itk::WarpImageFilter
http://public . kitware . com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1WarpImageFilter . html
and resample the moving image with it.
(this is illustrated in the example).

If you used the atlas-image as the moving image on the
registration process, then the warped moving-image will
be equivalent to a segmentation of your data.
(your data to-be-segmented should have been the fixed
image during the registration process).

You may find simpler to modify the example that is
described in the software guide.

For visualizing your data using VTK, you simply need
to use the ImageToVTKImageFilter classes available
at

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

and use the VTK class vtkImageViewer2.
http://www . vtk . org/doc/release/4 . 2/html/classvtkImageViewer2 . html

Please let us know if you find any problems,