[Insight-users] Reading Analyze files

Jenny Simpson simpson at cs . utah . edu
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:50:54 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks for the earlier help on getting DICOM files read in -- that seems
to be working fine.  I'm working on reading in Analyze files now. I read
that there were some problems with reading Analyze files in Itk 1.2, so I
did a cvs checkout of Itk on 8/26/2003.  What is the correct syntax for
running itkIOTest itkAnalyzeImageIOTest?  Also, what output/results should
I expect to see on a successful run of the test?  I've tried various
things but the output doesn't make sense to me.  Ideally I'd like to find
some sample .hdr and .img files, specify them on the command line of the
test, and get the pixel data and/or an image of the data contained in the
Analyze files.  Is this still under development?  Am I making incorrect
assumptions about what this test is supposed to do?

Thanks,

Jenny Simpson
SCI Institute
University of Utah